The project consists in designing and executing the new 4* superior Hotel Hyatt Regency at Zurich Airport within The Circle Project and was designed by Riken Yamamoto & Fieldshop (lead architect) from Yokohama, GA Design (hotel concept design) from London and Kalfopoulos Architekten (hotel interior design) from Zurich. The general contractor responsible for the execution is HRS Real Estate from Zurich.
The building has ten floors with 256 rooms (15 junior suites, executive suite and presidential suite). There are two main entrances, one from the level of comercial street and another one from the hill side with vehicular access, resolved with a cantilever that works like pergola and covered access. The hotel has the next amenities: bar, restaurant, fitness center, spa and breakfast hall.
In addition to hotel space, shops were planned on the ground floor and one part of the building is destined to offices. These additional uses and the office space on the seven upper floors will be rented out.
I worked as team member of NYX Architectes, office commissioned by Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés Architectes from Lausanne, for the execution planning of building H15. My tasks on project per phase as Project Architect according to SIA-norms:
Construction project (32-Bauprojekt):
– Creation of the work plans (1:100): floor plans, sections and facades.
– Creation of the schematic and detailed plans (1:5/1:20/1:50): cores (elevators, public entrances and stairs), construction sections, interior doors, interior fittings (ancillary rooms, bathrooms, cloakrooms and kitchens), metal construction and roof structure.
– Creation of the material and colour concept design for the BOH rooms (Back of House).
– Creation of the basic plans for the sample model (mock-up) of the hotel room and coordination with the construction management, construction workers and interior designers during his execution.
– Creation of the tender plans and relevant details (1:5/1:20): carpentry work, cores (elevators, public entrances and stairs), interior doors, interior fittings (BOH rooms) metal construction, plastering work (suspended ceilings and walls), roof structure and shell construction.
– Creation of the material plans (1:200) and relevant details (1:5): floor, ceiling and wall finishes.
– Contact person for the project and participation in kick-off meetings with the tender companies.
– Creation of the work plans (1:50/1:100): floor plans, sections and facades.
– Creation of the schematic and detailed plans (1:5/1:20) in coordination with the construction management (HRS Bauleitung) and specialist planners.
– Examination of the formwork plans by the civil engineer.
– Management of the door matrix and areas.
– Coordination and control of the contractor’s corrective plans: elevators, interior doors, metal construction, public entrances (floor, ceiling and wall finishes) and stair railing elements.
– Contact person for the project and participation in construction, specialist planner and tender company meetings.
– Coordination and cooperation with the specialist planners, interior designers and construction management during the construction site.
– Visit of the construction site together with the construction management and, if there are discrepancies with the planning, looking for the better solution.
– Creation of the revision plans (1:100/1:200): floor plans, sections, facades and material plans.